[FULL - Application Closed!]
CBSAA Pilgrimage in Nepal 5-11 March 2017
CBSAA is organizing a Pilgrimage in Nepal with teachings by Tsoknyi Rinopche from 5-11 March 2017 operated by the travel agent E Star (License No. 240724). We are most grateful to Dr. Georgios T. Halkias for agreeing to join us in the tour.
Tour Fee: HK$13,800 per person (including airport tax & fuel surcharge & service charge), single room supplement (HK$3,500)
Payment: Full payment by 24 January 2017 on registration.
Capacity is very limited and filled on a first come first served basis.
Key places to visit (subject to changes):
Apart from the pilgrimage with teachings by Tsoknyi Rinopche, key places to visit may include:
- Bodhanath Stupa: Considered the most important Tibetan Buddhist temple and pilgrimage site outside of Tibet.
- Swayambhunath Temple: Considered the second most important Tibetan Buddhist temple and pilgrimage site outside of Tibet. (Also known as Monkey Temple.)
- Pharping: Sacred site including meditation caves where Guru Rinpoche meditated.
- Patan: Ancient city and artisan center with over1,200 Buddhist monuments. Museum includes important sacred Buddhist (and Hindu) art.
Application & Payment [Application Closed]:
- Download the Application Form with Terms and Conditions https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByWSLuy5_Cx7aDNqZFRfdkh3WWM
- Complete and send application form, copies of identity card and travel documents to CBSAA via email email@example.com 24 January 2017 together with full payment made through by bank transfer/cheque deposit:
Please write down your name and mobile number on the bank slip, send a copy via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Bank of East Asia account details:
“HONG KONG UNIVERSITY CENTRE OF BUDDHIST STUDIES ALUMNI ASSOCIATION LIMITED”
3) Visa Information:
We will confirm receipt of your registration and acceptance by 3 February 2017. Upon confirmation of your application, please proceed to arrange the Nepalese Visa. It will take only one day (drop off on Day 1 and pick up on Day 2) if the traveler goes directly to the Nepalese Consulate in Tsim Shan Tsui (address below) between 9:30am and 12:30pm. Please fill in the visa application form http://www.cgnhk.org/pdf/visaform.pdf
and submit together with a photo and the name of the hotel, Hyatt Regency Kathmandu (no flight info needed).
Consulate General of Nepal
Unit 715 Concordia Plaza,
No. 1 Science Museum Road,
Tsim Sha Tsui (East) Kowloon, Hong Kong
Phone Number: (852) 2369 7813
Fax Number: (852) 2824 2970
4) Briefing session for successful applicants:
7pm-8:30pm, 22 February 2017
CPD 4.34, 4/F Run Run Shaw Tower, Centennial Campus, HKU.
(opposite bldg to CBS office)